Sunday, May 6, 2012

Postcards from heaven (also known as Italy)

Some postcards that Mother sent home to her parents and sister Amelia Ann from her trip to Italy.


A picture of the bahnhof (train station) in Rome

This is the bahnhof here in Roma.  Sho' is swanky.  We went to the Easter Mass at St. Peter's this morning.  Afterwards the Pope came out and blessed us.  Did you see it on TV?  I have never seen as many people in my life.  Tomorrow we're off for Naples, Capri and Sorrento.  Happy Easter!


The Ponte Vecchio in Florence

I spent half of my money here and the rest in the Straw Market but it was fun.  Ran into Barbara at Sorrento and Capri.  They will also be in Venice.  We are getting ready to leave for Venice now.


St. Mark's Square in Venice

Tomorrow we start back home after a grand trip.  We have to get up about 4 o'clock.  It's going to be rough and then ride all day.  I have bought enough silk ties to start a store.  I do hope some of the males in the family will wear them!  This is St. Mark's Square where they feed the pigeons every day at 2 o'clock.


No comments:

Post a Comment